KAsiUNblog

Unkasoft's blog, where we talk about mobile games development, gaming industry, agile methodologies and all that matter we're handling every day

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Unkasoft is something special

Even if this can sound like propaganda brochure, I assure you that working at Unkasoft is something special.

One year ago, my experience in development world says me it was impossible to make good software in Spain, due we got worried about compare us with the others instead of watching our own source code and improve our team progamming abilites (the team, what strange word!).
After working at few companies in the software industry, I realized that current prospect is completly wrong.

During interviews with Jaime, I started to feel something special, both in tech and humane point of view. Questions was really smart and he seemed to worry about their employees. When interview finished, I was thinking about one idea: these people knows a lot about software industry. I feed up with pseudo-interviews in which I ask more than interviewer, and I always came to the conclusion that it was another company in which the only important thing is your experience with this or that language or tool.

Lately, I realize that those "good smells" I felt during the interview are true, and it's possible to work with agile methodologies and following Joel style without waste my time convincing and persuading managers about this is the right way. And, to top it off, working in game development world (always so enigmatic), in an emerging industry like mobiles phones.

In short, working at Unkasoft is something special, and this is the luck of all we work in this small start-up

From here, we'll tell you our day by day, our troubles (a lot of them), failures (I'm sure we'll suffer some of them) and our successes (I hope more than failures :)
We'll tell you about agile methodologies, game programming, mobiles phones, J2ME and also something about our own products.

By the way, I used to be called JM, and I'm one of Unkasoft's programmers.

Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?