KAsiUNblog

Unkasoft's blog, where we talk about mobile games development, gaming industry, agile methodologies and all that matter we're handling every day

Friday, January 11, 2008

Miracle of mobile internet access

This week w’ve received some very interesting data from whatjapanthinks.com. Mainly, it’s a survey gather in Japan by the end of 2007. The first key point is about how people jump into Internet from the mobile. The top-3 is:

1. Bookmark
2. Homepage
3. QR Codes
And the following positions we find the access by introduction of this URL and searchers. It surprises me greatly the level of use of QR codes, which are used rather than the searchers.
I mean soon we’ll have a quickly way to access to URLs on mobile in
Spain, or at least I heard whisper of war, I will not say anymore until next week.

Another thing that I call the attention is enormously effective in finding what you are looking on the mobile Internet. The 95.7% find easily what are looking for, or at least find it. I believe we’re changing the “I look for it in google when I’m at home" with a "let me look for it on the mobile." Only the lacks of good data fees are stopping the future.

In any case, I think QR codes are going to have a good future here, and we can download games or access sites easily from the mobile. I already have in mind to buy shirts with QR codes for the whole team, at least for Javier who is the most freak.


Labels:


Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?