KAsiUNblog

Unkasoft's blog, where we talk about mobile games development, gaming industry, agile methodologies and all that matter we're handling every day

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Skuair vs BIDI vs QR


Waiting for my flight at Heathrow I’ve installed Skuair on my mobile, a Daemen Interactive application. And to be frankly, I’ve enjoyed the outcome, I know they are not the only ones who are working along this line but are the ones who have let us a try first. In Europe, we’re beginners in BIDI and QR codes -which are not equal-, both based in DataMatrix, Japan use it long time ago and they use it for everything. Movistar clearly are betting on the BIDI, and in Europe I spot that the trend is more for QR codes, since they have higher density of information.

All our discussion in the Mobile Marketing Association outcome with the same concern, this will not work until the user has the application pre-installed. In addition, the market has to address the standardization problem.



Daemen has taken a step further, creating what I call the ‘real’ codes and you can see the example here:

To test it you have to download the application of skuair first http://www.skuair.com/get

Advantages:





Disadvantages:

I guess soon all of us we’ll be recognising QR and 'real' codes, and about BIDI, I do not know its future ...
Without doubt will hear more and more talk about Skuair, meanwhile enjoy this video.

Labels:


Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?