KAsiUNblog

Unkasoft's blog, where we talk about mobile games development, gaming industry, agile methodologies and all that matter we're handling every day

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Diary of a wishful entrepreneur

AUGUST 2006 – I’ve stared my own business. What happiness! At last I’ll be my own boss! What good have broke up with discussions with directors, lack of recognition and have begun the way to be rich, brother! That’s life.

JANUARY 2007 – I took the most beautiful experience of my entire life. Today we finished our first business plan. We studied and I can not imagine a better plan. We review the entire product and will certainly be the killer application. My partners are equally enthusiastic, a plan is so cool, I think we’ll get a prize for it. I hope to show off soon to potential investors and seek for customers. Wonder deal with investors and customers, I don’t know why I worked for a big company with a fixed wage.

MARCH 2007 - A friend told me that he’s burnt-out with their clients and venture capital. I can not imagine how anyone could be angry with these creatures of God. I believe that God put on earth to enjoy them, although it’s difficult to reach them.

MAY 2007 - The other day we received our first investment, known as seed capital. It’s like a movie. We went out to lunch to celebrate it with our first employees. Venture Capital and some customers tell us that we are the best ..a red herring. nice launch! What a wonderful life, my friend said that I look like a bigwig!

AUGUST 2007 - Our customers demand everyday proposals, I think they really like the product. Potential investors complain about the business plan, saying that growth is not ambitious enough and we underestimate our power. Well, the truth I do not understand very well because they are decided and changed so many things but ... well, let's do it, anyway what a wonderful life, Bro!

SEPTEMBER 2007 – Yesterday, customers asked for more changes unexpectedly. Furthermore, as investors were not committed, I had to do a capital increase; I couldn’t go on vacation because I have neither money nor time.

FEBRUARY 2008 – Customer keep doing changes as they want, and investors as well. I sent them a blank sheet proposal and they can write whatever they want. I am a little tired of Word and PowerPoint! In addition, Vista was blocked. But we have an Innovation Award, I enjoy this life!

JUNE 2008 - They say the crisis in coming. And I would go blind for working in Word, Excel, proposals and plans ... Damn!. My friend called me and said he will be on vacation again but he said I'm a bigwig, maybe due my lack of move.

SEPTEMBER 2008 - Investors said our plan is astonishing, but with the credit crunch they run out of money. So we have to tighten their belts. Crap I wanna kill the one who said there was no crisis. Damn, Windows block again.

DECEMBER 2008 got more news of the crisis; our customers don’t pay in time and others who say they’ll pay in 180 days. They want to get better prices. I can not go anywhere to relax. News says it's going to be worse, I can not believe it. We have cut costs, staffing, and stopped to feed the dog. Credits are not coming, who will save SMEs. Investors tell us that in the middle of the crisis, 'we must be more ambitious’. I do not know what to sell ... I am thinking to sell my bird.

JANUARY 2009 – Credits are like Santa, nobody sees it but there seems to exits. My partners have visited the banks and it seems that Santa have not gone through there. I also stopped to feed the bird. But my friend said Euribor and the cars prices are falling down, the government gave him another bonus and had bought the BMW, there's nothing like have a position in the city hall.

JANUARY 2009 - Damn. Again the president said that forecast are wrong and the worse phase is coming. To get a credit ... well, the bank ask for a personal guarantee, perhaps I can use the dog and the bird (which are so thin, since I no longer have to feed them). Investors say they have no money to lunch, I invite him to McDonalds (I sold one of the prizes we had). Customers do not pay us due weird reasons.

FEBRUARY 2009 - At last today I went out home, just to the cinema, rent, expenses and taxes are killing me. I do not know why I’m in this situation, the banks, the crisis, the global economy or the flowers? I remember my best moments as employee of a company!

MARCH 2009 - I did it again and I’m an employee. Thanks! Great! I’m delighted! I just ask for a couple of days off to go to Gran Canarias Island .. Damn all that heat, humidity. Before the trip my boss requested a report about the project. She’s an angel that God has sent to us.

Frankly, anyone who want to start up a company must be mad and foolish, how wonderful the time now!.

(adapted from the snow story)

Labels:


Comments:
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?